Claiming Preferential Tariff Treatment
Preferential Tariff can be given to importers based on obligations under Free Trade Agreements.
- How do I claim preferential tariff treatment?
Depending on the Free Trade Agreement, you should support your claim with:
- Preferential Certificate of Origin (CO) endorsed by Department of Trade Development at Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT); or
- Self-certification by the exporter, producer or importer, registered with the Competent Authority
- Where should I submit the supporting documents to?
Please submit the supporting documents together with Customs Declaration to:
Royal Customs and Excise Department
H.M Customs House, Jalan Menteri Besar
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3910
Telephone: (673) 2382333 / 2382361
Fax: (673) 2382666
- How do I know preferential tariff treatment for my goods?
It will be based on Free Trade Agreements signed by Government of His Majesty the Sultan as follows: